Thursday, December 26, 2013

Gonna tell it like it is, folks...

Okay, I've been in East Africa for 16 months now; and at my current location of service for 1 year.  I've been really crappy at writing anything in the way of newsletters, because most of the stuff I think is really good newsletter material would be rejected, or at least strongly discouraged by my sending mission agency.  In all honesty, crazy stuff happens here.  Me getting a little down happens here.  Things that make me want to scream happen here.  And let's face it, I'm not the perfect missionary.  In fact, I'm pretty far from it.  But I do want to be 'real'.   As a result, the things I've attempted to write for a newsletter are more than likely inappropriate.  So, I've created this blog.  I will give you a very general overview of who I am, but in order to not upset the apple cart that is perfect missionarydom, I won't mention my name or my sending agency.  You can just call me Wayward...'cause that's how God knows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment